- With a budget of $98,000, 619 families with 1,178 children, were served through BEST between July 1, 2015 and June 30, 2016. These families are counted only once, when first referred, no matter how many times they make requests.
- Together, these 619 families made 1,959 requests for services, and we were able to fill 95% of these requests. The lowest fulfillment rate was for formula, where we met only 72% of requests; for all other supplies and referrals we came close to 100% of requests met.
- Diapers were most requested, by 527 families (we distributed over 63,000 diapers)
- 478 families received baby clothes
- 200 children received holiday gifts, provided by AEMT members and agencies who “adopted” the children
- 156 families were enrolled in NJ Family Care (health insurance)
- 145 parents attended our workshops on how to apply for family health insurance and nutrition programs.
- 140 received car seats
- Families saved a total of $67,500, with an average of $109 per family.
In the past five years, we have served over 3,350 families through BEST, ranging by year from 596 families (2013-2014) to 785 families (2011-2012).
Full details of our BEST accomplishments are described in our BEST Annual Report for 2015-2016.